Become an instructor with Rising Star Dance Company!
Please read information below
Rising Star Dance Company is looking to expand! We are considering expanding to the following areas:
- San Diego
We're looking to conduct interviews for possible Dance Teacher candidates, with new classes beginning in September. This position is PART TIME.
I am looking for professional dance teacher candidates who exemplify the following qualities and requirements:
- Strong leadership skills
- Problem solver
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Impressive self awareness/composure
- The ability to improvise as well as follow a detailed plan
- Someone who has a strong dance background of 10+ years
- A dance teaching background of 2+ years specifically in PRE SCHOOL AGED ballet, tap and creative movement IS ideal to be considered. We are willing to train the right candidate.
- Must be comfortable teaching a large dance class and handling it independently
- Must also be comfortable with parents in the studio viewing the class
- Administrative experience (specifically in a studio environment) is a plus
- Early Childhood Development college units are a plus (higher pay)
- CPR certification is a plus
- MUST be able to pass a background check
- MUST have credible resume with references
- MUST be staying in the area a minimum of one year
The position description includes:
- Independently teaching dance classes to children ages 2-9, with the majority being 3 & 4
- 30 minute, 45 minute or 60 minute classes, creative movement, ballet, tap and jazz
- Following a specific yearly syllabus/class plan
- Meeting with me once a month, as well as communicating closely to ensure success
This is a PART TIME dance teaching position. Starting at 2-3 classes per week with the possibility of more in the future. Light administrative duties will be expected as well. Pay is based on experience. I will NOT answer any questions regarding pay until and interview is conducted. Only applicants with dance teaching experience will be considered, no exceptions. Assistant teaching is not applicable.
Please fill out the short form below followed by sending an email to RisingStarDanceCompany@yahoo.com with the following:
- Resume with references
- Current headshot
- Cover letter - In your cover letter please state why you would be a fantastic addition to Rising Star Dance Company, and your overall career goals.
- Weekly availability as of July
*In the email subject please say "(Preferred city, Temecula or San Diego) Dance Teacher Applicant - (your name)"
Thank You! I am looking forward to hearing from you! Joining the Rising Star Dance family will be a one of a kind experience